Thursday, March 24, 2011

o.O

i slept in the backyard last night. in my tent. and in my 20* bag in 60* weather. it was unzipped, though. swayze slept out there with me on her little ridgerest pad. i figured out that i need a better sleeping pad. i don't have a very good one right now, anyways. the stars were awesome. i watched a lot of csi-type showed before i went outside. it was probably a mistake. i had weird dreams in the middle of the night and dreamed that i got scared enough to go inside, but i ran through a huuuuge spiderweb on my back inside to the house. it was all a dream, though. weird. the neighbor's dog kept barking last night. all in all, i slept well, i just need a better pad. i wish i were on the trail. =/ if i don't sell my truck soon, this will all have to wait until next year. i overdrew my account the other day. i have money in savings that covered the overdrafts, but now i'm eating into my AT savings. i get paid tomorrow, but i still need to sell my truck. sigh.

2 comments:

  1. does it have to be sold before you leave? why not afterwards, if you already have $ saved for the trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. whether i hike or not, i can't afford my truck anymore. :( i bought it when i got an awesome job down here in charleston a little over a year ago and like ten days after i started the job, they told us they were shutting the barn down at the end of the year. i've kind of just been hanging onto my truck ever since cause i really love it. i just can't afford it anymore.

    selling the truck will give me a little extra cushion when it comes to money, as i have barebones funding saved up. i don't plan on staying in many motels at all, i don't plan on eating at a lot of restaurants, etc. i just want to get out on the trail. :)

    ReplyDelete