Tuesday, April 5, 2011

productivity rocks!

there's no other word to describe today other than amazing. i called an eye doctor yesterday and scheduled an appointment for today, so i started the day off with a doctor's appointment. he fussed at me for wearing my contacts at night. oops. i've been wanting a pair of glasses for a few years now, but i'm not the kind of person who can look at a pair and say, "hey, these look good on me." maybe my face is shaped weird. and i don't like the idea of taking my contacts out at night 'cause if a boogie man broke in or the house caught on fire... well... i don't want to have to put my eyeballs in to see things before i can react. shrug.

so after i went to the eye doc, i came home and fed swayze and took her out. then i decided to go to the military surplus store and get my bear bagging rope. i bought 100' of 550 paracord for a little over $8. i'm not sure what i'll do with the other half, since you only need about 50' for bear bagging. then i went to dick's and bought a magnesium fire starter and a carabiner for the rope. then i dropped by starbucks to get my tips and to get breakfast 'cause by then i was starvin' marvin.

and thennnnn blake sent me a text to see what i was doing today, so i called him to see if he wanted to go to west ashley to get swayze fitted for her backpack! except that i forgot that the stove people were coming to fix the oven and that kelly had asked me to be at the house for their appointment so that if the guys came in twos, they wouldn't be all scary 'n' junk. 'cause it'd be a two on two kinda thing. so blake came over to the house while the guy was there fixin' the oven, and then joshua called! he's already in erwin! that gives me hope that i might be able to make it to damascus for trail days. i hope, i hope, i hope.

but then blake and i took swayze to half moon outfitters to see about getting her fitted for her ruffwear approach pack. they only had a small and a large, and she needed a medium. i'd seen a medium at the bike shop over in mt. pleasant a few weeks ago, and it turns out that they're getting out of the whole hiking thing, so the guy told me he'd give me 30% off the dog stuff!! so i got a $75 pack and a $20 leash for $79! deal of the day!!! oh, and i bought my sleeping pad at half moon today, so that's one more thing i can cross of my list. bear bagging, backpacks, and sleeping pads, oh my!

then, since blake works somewhere that sells crocs, we dropped by the store and i figured out which size i will need, and he's going to use his discount to get them for me on friday. :) then we came back to the house and french pressed some casi ceilo. after blake left, kelly fixed supper and i finished adjusting swayze's pack on her. then i semi-demonstrated how to bear bag in the living room using the stair rail as a tree branch.

my mama seems to like the whole "spot" idea. apparently, it offers $100k worth of an insurance policy, should they have to air lift you out of a crevice 'cause you fell down and broke your toe. but blake told me about an app called "everytrail" today, and i think it might be an alright substitute. granted, it won't come with an insurance policy, but it's a gps tracking device and if i keep my phone turned on... who knows. we'll see what happens.

i am so excited!!!!!!!

SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger unit, Orange/Black

1 comment:

  1. i got a spot (a few people i know have one), and a map app on my iphone (acuterra unlimited). should be good enough! I like that the spot can send direct emails to a list you provide,including your facebook page if you so choose. Let me know your trail name (or a substitute for now) and I'll leave a registry message trail for you and Swayze!

    ReplyDelete